Saturday, January 17, 2009

Notorious


Bed-stuy, Brooklyn. That's where I'm from. After watching the Notorious B.I.G. movie last night, I have to say I am a proud Stuy Brooklyn-nite. The movie was not only great, but it gave a taste of Biggie's life, highlighting his most memorable experiences. I remember the day after the Soul Train awards when my dad told me Biggie died. "That East Coast West Thing man," he said. I couldn't believe until I turned on the television. There it was. He was right. Biggie was dead. My older sister was in in Junior High School at the time. She attended JHS 113, which is blocks away from the house that Biggie grew up in. Her school let out her out early that day and she witnessed the memorial of BIG when they drove away Brooklyn. She waved her hand with excitement, "R.I.P Biggie," she said. Watch the movie if you haven't already!!

1 comment: